#TFIOS w/ little infinities

Sonntag, 1. Juni 2014 | |




Alohaaa!

Nein, ich bin nicht auf Hawaii und ja ich wäre gerne dort aber lasst uns doch entspannt in die Zukunft schauen und nicht darüber nachdenken, was vor uns liegt ... Es sei denn wir reden hier von der Verfilmung meines [hier beliebige Zahl einfügen]. Lieblingsbuches nämlich (engl.) "The Fault in Our Stars" / (dt.) "Das Schicksal ist ein mieser Verräter" von John Green

Nachdem ich die letzten Tage damit verbrachte habe, zu überleben und nicht mit einem Morgenstern auf das Dorffest zu stürmen, welches vor meiner Haustür stattfindet, lag ich ruhig im Bett und habe meine Gedanken kreisen lassen. Mitunter habe ich mal rausgesucht, welche Lieblingszitate und -stellen ich aus diesem Buch mitgenommen habe und die mich sehr berührt haben.

Da ich das Buch auf Englisch gelesen habe, muss ich die Menschen leider enttäuschen die kein Englisch können. Aber ein guter Freund oder auch ein guter Online Übersetzer, kann euch bestimmt weiterhelfen.

Lest doch noch mehr herzzereissende Werke von diesem Autor. Empfehlenswert ist neben #TFIOS auch (engl.) "Looking for Alaska" / (dt.) "Eine wie Alaska".


1.

"Desperatly Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home"

One swing set, well worn but structurally Sound, seeks new home. Make memories with your kid or kids so that someday he or she or they will look into the backyard and feel the ache of sentimentality as desperately as I did this afternoon. It's all fragile and fleeting, dear reader, but this swing set, your child(ren) will be introduced to the ups and downs of human life gently and safley, and may also learn the most important lesson of all: No matter how hard you kick, no matter how high you get, you can't go all the way aroung.


2.

I was tired and sweaty and worried that I generally looked and smelled gross, but even so I kissed him in that elevator, and then he pulled away and pointed at the mirror and said,

 "Look, infinite Hazels."

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."


3.

The Problem, of course, is that there's no way of knowing that your last good day is you Last Good Day. At the time, it is just another good day.


4.

"My Name is Hazel. Augustus Waters was the great star-crossed love of my life. Ours was an epic love Story, and I won't be able to get more than a sentence into it without disappearing into a puddle of tears. Gud knew. Gus knows. I will not tell you our love story, because - like all real love stories  it will die with us, as it should.

I'd hoped that he'd be eulogizing me, because there's no one I'd rather have ... [...]

I can't talk about our love story, so I will talk about math. I am not a mathematican, but I know this:
There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, ir between 0 and a Million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got.

But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for out Little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful."


5.

"The world," he said, "is not a wish-granting factory,"

and then he broke down, just for one Moment, his sob roaring impotent like a clap of thunder unaccompanied by lightning, the terrible ferocity that amateurs in the field of suffering might mistake for weakness.
Then he pulled me to him and, his face inches from mine, resolved,

"I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace.
I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."


6.

"There is no shortage of fault to be found amongst our stars."




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
Design by Mira, CopyPasteLove.